Tuesday, November 8, 2011

4 months in and I'm still new at this

Sooo most of you know that we've been stationed in Germany. We got here July 3rd 2011. We spent one mind-numbing month in a hotel, and we now live in a house less than a mile from said hotel. During that time I've tried to keep myself busy by setting up house, playing soccer, coaching soccer, taking an intro to German course, and (just for kicks) breaking/spraining/totally jacking up my foot. Almost all of that is over, so I'm looking to start a new project. That's obviously where this blog comes in.

It's not as if I don't have enough technological methods of expressing myself. However, I can't remember the last time I sent an email to anyone for personal reasons, and Facebook only gives you like 500 characters to post a status. Texting is out too... Not only does it cost an arm and a leg, I find it nearly impossible to remember my own phone number (it's like 20 digits long!) so I don't expect you all to.

I am notorious for starting things and not finishing them, so we'll see how well I keep up with this. Hopefully it ends better than that diet blog I tried. I'm putting this on my favorites bar though, that way it stares at me any time I'm on the Internet (which is always).

Any way, I suppose I should state my intentions with this blog. This will be for sharing, and sometimes venting (or who am I kidding, most of the time venting) about our fun little adventures in Deutschland and beyond. Because I am doing the posting, it will probably be a little one sided... Unless Ginny learns to type before she turns three, in which case I'll no longer be blogging about Germany, but about my getting her on "America's Got Talent." Also, since I'm doing the typing, be prepared for random sidetracked comments similar to the sentence before this one.

This should be fun!

1 comment: